You are currently here:
Serbia towards the EU - Influence on the economy
The conference is organized on the occasion of launching of the new economic monthly in Serbia „NOVA EKONOMIJA" that Business Info Group publishes supported by the USAID Sustainable Local Development Project. The magazine will be completely professional, credible and independent of any political or interest group.
Following the latest global editorial and design trends, the "NOVA EKONOMIJA” magazine is aimed at influencing the improvement of the business environment in Serbia, but also to encourage networking with the business world and introduce good practices and success stories.
With the first issue of „NOVA EKONOMIJA", Business Info Group will also publish the edition „Banks and insurance companies in Serbia and countries of the Western Balkans – After five years of crisis", which will contain analysis of movement in banks and insurance companies in the region from the start of the global economic crisis in 2008 until today.
SOME OF THE CONFERENCE TOPICS:
• What are the economic forecasts for the next one-year period?
• How to attract and encourage foreign investments?
• How did Serbia and the region manage to overcome the impact of crisis?
• For how long will the crisis consequences last and what sectors of the economy are the most vulnerable ones?
• Challenges for the budget and financial stability
• Investments in the region and trade exchange – possibilities and plans
• Comparative advantages of the regional markets in relation to other regions
• Concrete possibilities for cooperation among countries and economies of the region after Croatia’s accession to the EU – is it necessary to redesign the CEFTA Agreement?
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME OF THE CONFERENCE:
H.E. Michael D. Kirby, the Ambassador of the United States of America to the Republic of Serbia
• Mr. Ivica Dačić Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia
• Mrs. Jorgovanka Tabakovi?, Governor of the National Bank of Serbia
• Mrs. Verica Kalanovi?, Minister of regional development of the Republic of Serbia
• Mr. Dušan Tomi?, Head of Financial Services KPMG
• Mr. Zoran Petrovi?, Vice president of Executive Board of Raiffeisen bank
• Mr. Darko Bude?, CEO BUCK
Moderator of the Conference: Mrs. Biljana Stepanovi?, director of Business Info Group and Editor in Chief of the economic monthly „NOVA EKONOMIJA" and Mr. Zoran Stanojevi?, journalist, RTS
• Representatives of the Government of the Republic of Serbia
• Representatives of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
• Representatives from the Cabinet of the President of Republic of Serbia
• Representatives of the local self-governments in Serbia
• Representatives of international organizations in Serbia (World Bank, IMF, EBRD, IFC, EIB, UNDP, OSCE…)
• Representatives of the diplomatic corps in Serbia
• Representatives of the National Bank of Serbia
• Representatives of the business and financial associations in Serbia (Serbian Chamber of Commerce, Foreign Investment Council, AmCham, Association of Serbian Banks)
• Representatives of national and international media in Serbia
• Representatives of the biggest foreign and Serbian companies and banks in Serbia
• Representatives of the expert associations
President of Buck
Chairman of the Executive Board of Raiffeisen Bank
Partner, Head of the Financial Department of KPMG
Minister of Regional Development and Local Government of the Republic of Serbia
dr Jorgovanka Tabaković
Governor of the National Bank of Serbia
NJ.E. Michael Kirby
U.S. Ambassador to Serbia
Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia